Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Social Issues

In the world we live there are so many problems and issues  in this world that we live in, feels like a much bigger copy of your own life. Everything happens as a cause and effect, you don't get enough sleep because you had to much homework, you have so much homework because you're falling behind in school, you're falling behind in school because you didn't get enough sleep.

And so the sadistic cycle goes on, and when you finally are on top of things a new problem pops up. This, in many ways, is how it is with our government. Everything out ways the next. they are slacking on environmental issues because they don't have the money and are focusing now on healthcare; they can't have good healthcare because the economy is bad, the economy is bad because we are in debt, we are in debt from the war. And because of this debt, we can't afford healthcare.

This is no way to live with stress bitting at our ankles relentlessly. But isn't that how life has always been? Never stopping, the show must go on.

The fact is that no matter who you are you will always have something on your plate. Whether you are Obama, and the pile of things you must work on and fix is so high that you cannot tell where it starts and ends.

It doesn't matter if you are unemployed, and don't have to deal with work, or you are president of a company, you still think about the same things.

Money, health, careers, family, the environment, the homeless, the starving. These thing haunt me every day. they force me to think about more pressing matters then my next test. Sometimes I don't want to hear about the problems that are bigger then me. I don't want to hear an update on the oil spill, or about people dieing  Darfur.

Last year I had my Bat-mitzvah. It is a customary gift to give money. Once I had my money the question was, what do I do with it. I gave $500 to a charity that saves animals from the gulf spill. I gave another $500 to a charity that gives relief to refugees.

I haven't picked my third charity yet but I am hoping that this project will give me an idea. Throught this week I have learned about the very things I avoid. The challenge is to stop complaining and take action.

1 comment:

  1. Molly,
    I really like your analogy at the beginning about the cycle, and how you tied it in from our own lives to the world. It added another element to this entry that made it feel more personal, which is always good to have in an entry.
    nice job!

    ReplyDelete