Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life lessons

Prompt: what are some questions/concerns you have about growing up?

When I first saw this prompt, the first thing I thought of was, dear god, when will this terrible stage of my life end. In TV all the adults spend their time laughing, and doing something with their life, but when I think about what my life might be like the answer seems so meaningless. I can’t imagine what life could possibly be like.
            
 Then I try to picture the other option. Doing something that I might possibly love, and all I can think of is stuff that would make me dead broke.
             
So sitting in class, all my dreams dashed I made a list. 

1   When will this hell be over?
2. Which is better, youth or adulthood?
3. Will I be happy with what I end up doing?
                
This list just made me more frustrated because instead of coming up with answers, I came up with more questions. I didn’t find any answers. This got me thinking about the whole exercise, what were we supposed to take away. Of course writing skills, but what else?
           
Can life lessons accually be taught to you? Or must you learn them through personal experience? many of the things that you learn in school are discarded after a few years of use. others last a life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment